Metal stamping is a complex manufacturing process used to transform flat metal sheets in shapes. With the continue development of the global market, so does customers’ demands for rapidly produced complex components. Based on this background, metal stamping is also constantly updated and developed, following are the main five types of matel stamping:
1. Progressive Die Stamping: It used to perform more than one cutting operation in one stroke. The punched out sheet progresses from one stage to another in a rather complex but precise manner to complete the punching operation.
2. Transfer Die Stamping: Which is similar to progressive stamping die, but its first operation is blanking. Therefore, the blank which is produces in the first stage will then be travelling from one stage to another to complete the process. The blank is manually or mechanically moved from one stage to the other.
3. Compound Die Stamping: These process are used when there is a need to perform more than one cutting operation in one stroke. With the help of compound dies, there is a possibility to produce one component for one stroke, which also helps to keep the production rate high.
4. Fine Blanking: This process is the best choice for producing a high precision and smooth edges product. It is usually done on a hydraulic press, a mechanical press, or a combination of the two and involves three distinct actions : clamping the workpiece into place; blanking; ejecting the finished product.
5. Multipe Die Stamping: In all of the processes mentioned above, it is possible to produce only one component per stroke. However, this process is chosen when multiple parts need to be produced per stroke. Its advantage is that it can guarantee a higher output while ensuring a lower cost.