Different types of materials are selected for metal stamping in the production process, depending on the quality and properties required for the stamping parts. Here are kinds of materials which commonly used in metal stamping as follow:
1. Aluminum: A non-ferrous metal with a high strength-to-weight ratio, and its excellent formability, thermal and electrical conductivity make it the best choice for metal stamping parts in aerospace, automotive and construction applications.
2. Beryllium copper: A strong, corrosion-resistant copper alloy. It can be easily stamped into complex shapes with its high ductility.
3. Brass: A soft alloy with a smooth surface and bright color. Its excellent corrosion resistance makes it widely used in pipes、electronic components and automotive hardware.
4. Stainless steel: As a material with high corrosion resistance combined with high strength, stainless steel can be used in food-grade applications, pharmaceutical applications, aerospace components, and medical device assemblies.
5. Carbon steel: It has excellent ductility and can be stamped into a variety of shapes. Especially suitable for automobile and construction purposes.
In conclusion, depending on different applications, there are various of raw material suitable for metal stamping.
As a company with more than 20 years of experience in precision metal stamping, Orienson is able to select the best suitable materials for different products and their use, then product them with professional stamping technology. Take deep drawing、shrapnel&spring as example, Orienson can use Copper、Iron、Aulminum、Stainless steel materials, achieve diameter of 1.5mm, thickness of 0.1mm or more straight tube stretching、step stretching、shrinkage stretching、thinning stretching、constant stretching、square mixed stretching ; we also can use phosphor copper, beryllium copper, stainless steel, copper-nickel-zinc alloy and other materials to product shrapnel which can withstand fatigue test for more than 5 million times and can achieve bending angle +/-0.5, flatness below 0.03mm. Inclouding but not limited to the materials and products mentioned above, Orienson is able to produce a wide range of products using precision stamping technology to meet customer requirements for thickness、hardness、precision, etc.