The progressive die is a type of metal stamping. It is used to perform more than one cutting operation in one stroke. The punched-out sheet progresses from one stage to another in a rather complex but precise manner to complete the punching operation. Let’s introduce some advantages and disadvantages of Progressive Die.
1. Piece parts produced from compound tools are very accurate and identical. Because all operations are carried out in a single station.
2. Piece parts produced on a progressive tool will have a burr on both sides. The cost of manufacturing a compound tool is normally lesser than that of a progressive tool for the same component. This is because of the smaller size of the tool and the easier manufacturing methods required.
3. another tool will produce scrap. The Scrap can be employed to produce piece parts in a compound tool. But progressive tools always can stock strip sheared to size.
1. A major disadvantage is that the punch can easily break during manufacturing or during the life of the tool.
2. If the perforated hole is too close to the outer edge of the metal stamping parts china, the punching punch of the compound tool that houses the punch die will become very weak. So when this happens, we use progressive tools first.